Configuring a shared Office 365 mailbox on an iOS device using IMAP
Updated 10/12/15 to include SSL support
- Set your iOS device to Airplane Mode. You can find this at the top of the list within SETTINGS.
- On the iPad or iPhone, go to SETTINGS > MAIL, CONTACTS, CALENDARS > ADD ACCOUNT
- Select OTHER from the list of types.
- Select ADD MAIL ACCOUNT
- Enter a name for the mail account (eg "Enquiries")
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox
- Enter the password of a mailbox that has access to the shared mailbox (eg your own password if you have access to the shared mailbox)
- Enter a description for the mailbox (eg "Enquiries")
- Tap NEXT
- Select IMAP
- Fill in the blank information:
i) Host name: outlook.office365.com
iii) Outgoing mail server: smtp.office365.com
iv) User name: Enter the email address of the mailbox with the permission to "send as" the shared mailbox.
v) Password: Enter the password of the mailbox with the permission to access the shared mailbox (same as step 'iv' above)
vi) Tap NEXT
- As your device is in Airplane Mode, it will be unable to check your settings and will produce this warning:
The IMAP server "outlook.office365.com" is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.
Simply tap OK on the message, then NEXT and then tap SAVE.
- Switch off the NOTES sync which should leave just MAIL switched on.
- Tap SAVE
- Tap the email account you have just created from within the list of accounts.
- Tap the ACCOUNT field
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap ADVANCED
- Scroll down and switch on the setting called USE SSL
- Tap < ACCOUNT in the top-left corner of the page
- Tap DONE in the top-right corner of the page
- Tap OK on the warning message again.
- Tap DONE in the top-right corner of the page again.
- Tap SAVE
- Tap < MAIL in the top-left corner of the page
- Tap < SETTINGS in the top-left corner of the page
- Scroll to the top of the settings page and switch AIRPLANE MODE OFF.
Your Office 365 shared mailbox is now configured on your device. You will find your new email account in the standard Mail app on your iPhone or iPad.
If you would like further advise on this subject, please call us.